Friday 25 February 2011

Introduction - Part 2

MY COUNTRY SEAT
Good Morning and to continue, once I was over my tummy troubles or at least the worst of them, I found that I had more than one home and was pleasantly surprised to be whisked off to my other home by the sea, a caravan in New Quay,what treats were in store running on the beaches, skipping through the mud and generally being made a fuss of by all and sundry.

Now I have to admit I think I was put on this earth to sniff and there is nothing like a good beach for sniffing, endless sea-weed and for the first year I was there, a good supply of dead dog-fish. Even better, you could pick them up, put them down, roll over on them, anything but eat them. The only problem was the proverbial stink in more ways than one when I got back to the caravan. However you are only young once and you've got to have a bit of fun.

There are some lovely beaches around New Quay but on the whole I was not too keen on the ones closest to the caravan as there were normally too many people around and anyway during the Summer months they were closed to the likes of me. I should admit at this stage that I am quite a nervous dog. don't know why, some people say it's because of my problems when I was first born but whatever I don't think I will ever change. The end result is that any strange noises or people and I am off. However, my favourite beaches are at Cei Bach, normally empty and the main source of the dog-fish, and Poppit Sands, never seen so much sand and if ever it is busy, there are always the dunes to get lost in.

All in all it is a lovely place to spend the Summer and can't wait to get back there this year. If the weather isn't up to much, I love sitting gazing out the window at all the comings and goings or just lying on the decking in the shade and having a surreptitious nibble at the plants growing there. The first year we were there I always seemed to be on the move, whenever Mary and Dave, Mum and Dad as I call them, went out I went too. I didn't mind as I like travelling in the car, I like confined spaces as it makes me feel safe. I don't think they trusted me to stay in the caravan on my own, can't think why not! This last year things were a bit different and I spent a bit of time on my own which was no bad thing.

Even at the tender age of two, it's funny how the opportunity of a bit of sex can concentrate the mind! Everybody seemed to think I was up for it and it was a bit like an arranged marriage. I was taken off to see Gracie, another Retriever and very nice too. They all stood about and waited for us to perform so we couldn't let them down and we didn't. The end result was fifteen, yes fifteen puppies. I did feel sorry for Gracie. she had a hard time of it. Unfortunately only eleven survived but hopefully have all gone to good homes like me. One of them, Daisy, is living with a friend of Mums and has already been up to no good chewing cables, she has not got that habit from me, I can assure you.

That has basically got us up to date so I hope you will to continue to accompany me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment